The Multiracial Activist (TMA) believes that biracial/multiracial people, interracial couples/families, and transracially adopted individuals have unique concerns that cannot or will not be met by traditional civil rights groups who tend to ignore our constituency or use said constituency for short term political gains. The following points are the view of the editorial staff of The Multiracial Activist. There should be no assumption, implied or otherwise, that these views are shared by all of TMA’s writers and/or readers.
- The right to self-identify in any racial category or instead choose NO racial identity and shed race as an identity altogether. An individual’s identity should be their sole dominion, not subject to the oversight or permission of third parties.
- The Multiracial Activist supports transracial and intercultural adoption.
- The Multiracial Activist believes in fighting hatred and bigotry regardless of the color of the bigot.
- The Multiracial Activist opposes lifting the restriction on government sponsored domestic spying on organizations and individuals. The current Department of Justice is attempting piece by piece to completely obliterate the 4th and 5th Amendments. Trading freedom for security will result in a net loss of BOTH.
- The Multiracial Activist opposes instituting national identification cards. Instituting such a card system will not enhance security, it will simply make everyday life more restrictive and allow more government control of your private information. As always, trading freedom for security will result in a net loss of BOTH.
- The Multiracial Activist opposes the use of “sneak and peek” search warrants which allow law enforcement to search any individual’s house at anytime without sufficient judicial oversight or notification to the individual being searched. “Sneak and peek” is a blatant usurpation of 4th Amendment rights and allows the FBI and other federal officers to continue to operate as secret police force doing what it wants, when it wants. A free society does not need, nor can it tolerate a secret police force. Trading freedom for security will result in a net loss of BOTH.
- The Multiracial Activist opposes the use of military tribunals which are not necessary in a free society. If the evidence against those accused of perpetuating or aiding terrorist acts is legitimate, there is no need for a military tribunal, where individuals may be found guilty without the right to counsel or the ability to confront the evidence against them. As always, trading freedom for security will result in a net loss of BOTH.
- The Multiracial Activist opposes “racist” and oppressive practices such as the one-drop rule, used by those who oppose the right of individuals to self-identify. TMA also opposes the efforts of those who wish to impose generational limitations on the self-identity of others in order to keep the so-called race” intact. This is a form of mental segregation, and when applied by one person to another, a form of oppression. If an individual wishes to acknowledge their multiraciality through the recognition of ancestors from generations past that should be their sole right, not subject to the oversight or permission of third parties. The proponents of the one-drop rule and generational limitations wish to keep the so-called races in a constant state of conflict for personal or collective gain. This conflict serves only to stuff the coffers of the groups opposed to self-identification as well as assisting in their lust for power and privilege at the expense and safety of multiracial individuals and interracial couples/families.
- The Multiracial Activist opposes blind allegiance to traditional civil rights groups who’ve boldly abused our community in the pursuit of more political power and resources. These same groups are the ones claiming that self-identifying multiracials are “running from their blackness” and screaming “Uncle Tom” at anyone who doesn’t adhere to the one-drop rule. Recent years have also brought the bizarre spectacle of civil rights leaders belittling and demeaning interracial marriages where black male conservatives are concerned. This type of behaviour is clearly not to be supported, ignored or excused.