Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:22:13 -0700
From: Mariko Kawabori
Check out MAVIN's WEBSITE!!
MAVIN, the magazine that celebrates the mixed race experience has
unveiled our re-vamped Internet site!
Go to: http://www.mavin.net
Although there's still work to be done, we'd like to hear your input
on the site so far! Soon, we'll add articles and features found in the
print version of the magazine, along with photos from you, our readers.
Our next issue (Fall 1999) will be out in October 1999
and features these great interviews and features:
- Christine Park interviews Tatyana Ali, about life on the set of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air with Will Smith, her current tour promoting her CD, Kiss The Sky, and what it's like being racially mixed.
- Yes Duffy from MTV's Road Rules: Semester at Seatalks to MAVIN. Photos by Michael Gonzalez.
- Chopsticks n' Chit'lins: Yayoi Winfrey interviews people about their Afro-Asian experience.
- Transracial Adoption: Matthew Kelley explores the creation and maintenance of an "other" identity in transracial adoptees.
- Gail Steinberg interviews Dan O'Brien, Olympic gold medalist in the decathlon, about being biracial, adopted, and overcoming adversity.
- In Full Gear: Los Angeles photographer, Michael Gonzalez takes fashion into the next millenium.
of course, there's also a lot more… so check
out the new website and subscribe today! It's only $14 for a year-long
subscription. Also, check out the Sept/Oct issue of the Utne Reader, the
Sept 1999 issue of U. Magazine for stories about MAVIN!
"celebrate the mixed race experience."
805 Cherry St., Suite 311
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 652-9760 tel.
(206) 269-0324 fax